Re: Problem Mounting USB Stick in Debian Wheezy

Hi,

Dňa Thu, 3 Jan 2013 11:23:14 +1100 Igor Cicimov <icicimov@gmail.com>
napísal:

> Also +1, if you need USB support you need to download VBox version
> from VBox site. Also don't forget to add the user who's running the
> VBox on the *host* pc to the vboxusers group*.

Although i don't read whole thread, you are not right with USB support
in the VBox and downloading the official VBox. The two different VBox
versions are not shipped a long time ago (perhaps after Sun -> Oracle
change). Of course, download the VBox from Oracle site will work, but
it is nod needed. Only Extension pack download is needed.

I am using the Debian's VirtualBox package (4.1.18) with "Oracle VM
Extension Pack" installed in it and the USB in virtual machines works.
With one small problem, but this can be caused by my old settings
(something with filters) - my settings are used from VBox 2.x version.

There is no needing to download (and install) new version of the
Extension pack for ever new VBox version. Although i have the
equivalent versions now, i am not updating the Extension pack regularly.

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk