Re: netinst.iso - a "learning experience"- Part 1 grub

On Sun, 2012-05-06 at 19:32 +0200, an unknown sender wrote:
> Unfortunately it doesn't always work properly on Squeeze.

update-grub never worked for my needs, on all distros I use(d) but to be
fair, it's easy to edit grub.cfg manually too. I used grub 2 a long time
myself, some time ago I switched back to GRUB Legacy, since menu.lst is
shorter and there are less files in /boot/grub. Btw. disabling
update-grub wasn't save, since updates sometimes overwrite GRUB 2 stuff
and btw. sometimes update-grub run several times when upgrading which
can take a long time.

- Ralf