Re: [OT] Good quality hair dryer needed for Squeeze

On 12/16/2012 07:50 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 12/12/2012 8:02 PM, Mark Panen wrote:
"The OP should be experienced with soldering multi-layer boards" really
why should he be? Are all IT personal hardware fundies as well? I
started late in the IT business with a totally different previous
vocation, and can do all except put a CPU & mobo and cooler together,
anyway lets not carry on with this.

I agree with the comment. The suggestions are a way the OP might be able to fix a failing MB. To do this successfully, experience is soldering multi-layer boards is almost a must.

It doesn't matter whether YOU can do it or not.  You're not the OP.

BTW - I also started late in the IT business (full time in 1977, though I was programming 10 years before that) - my experience before that was all electronics. Multilayer boards are no fun.

Well it's nice to know that i'm not the only old duffer around. I started in 1959. I set up a solder school for the navy some years back for board repair personnel and the thought of working on a multilayer board scares me to death. If you are careful, some superficial work can be done but that's it. Troubleshooting is a nightmare as well. I guess i'm back to suggesting the use of a post board. The cost less than $10 these days. They really do give you a lot of information about the cause of the problem.

Gary R.