Re: etymology of tl;dr (was ... Re: How recover from aborted dist-upgrade ... (due to apt-listbug bug 585448))

On Sunday 16 December 2012 21:17:42 Bob Proulx wrote:
> "Cool" never goes out of
> style. "Nice" is pretty stable.

Now, when did "cool" _come_ into style?  I certainly think of it as ephemeral
and colloquial in the meaning in which I _think_ you mean it.  Perhaps I am
showing my age and/or you your youth. ;-)

"Nice" of course was already the subject of complaints in Jane Austen's
writing!

Your other words, except for "wicked" I had to look up in wiktionary to find
out the slang meaning to which I assume you refer!

Lisi