Re: multiarch - please do not force users to change a running system!

On 12/13/2012 11:42 PM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 22:59:30 -0800
Marc Shapiro <marcnshap@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Marc,

Wont that need the 32-bit libraries as well?  What would be the
advantage.
ia32 installs *all* the i386 libs, whether you need them or not,
multiarch means you only have to install the libs you need.

Right! I'm still running Squeeze, however. Mutiarch is just for Wheezy and up IIRC. When Wheezy goes Stable, I will enable mutiarch and do it that way. That certainly seems like the way to go. Since, for me, it is just the Citrix Receiver that requires IA32-libs I can just uninstall both of those packages, upgrade to Wheezy, enable multiarch and then install the 32bit version of Citrix. Right?

Marc