Re: [OT] Good quality hair dryer needed for Squeeze

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 03:02:08 +0200
Mark Panen <mark.panen@gmail.com> wrote:

> "The OP should be experienced with soldering multi-layer boards"
> really why should he be? Are all IT personal hardware fundies as
> well?

You're presumably reading this as a native English speaker, and Ralf
isn't one. He has implied the 'In order to achieve XXX,' which might
have prefaced the sentence.

And in Europe at least, quite a few electronics people moved into IT as
a result of the Peace Dividend. There's still a surplus of people in
both areas where I am, which is why we tend to be more concerned with
hardware costs than many Americans are.

And to add my two-penn'orth: some types of capacitor don't work well
when they are cold, after drying out for a few years. Those nasty
little silver surface-mount aluminium electrolytics are particularly
prone to this.

--
Joe