Re: LVM devices and symlinks

At Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:54:41 +0000,
Roger Leigh wrote:

> > > Reboot the box after installing LVM.
> >
> > Ah, a reboot has lvcreate working properly, thank you.
>
> This is good to know.  However, this should all be triggered
> when the package is initially installed.

Agree that "turning it off and on again" is not exactly a solution.
However, I'm not sure that it's something missing from the LVM package
installation since I'd already rebooted after initially installing LVM
(/ was on a logical volume).

> Please could you file a serious bug against the lvm package so that
> this can be fixed.

I can go ahead and file the report, but at the moment, I don't have
any more detail than /sometimes/ lvcreate doesn't make the right
files/symlinks.

-ntd