Re: Xen vs. KVM on Debian squeeze

Peter Viskup <skupko.sk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Consider LXC [2] in case you have some concerns of CPU/memory overhead
> and you plan to run only Linux virtual servers.

LXC looks really nice but you need very up-to-date packages, and possibly
may even need to consider compiling from source.

Issues I've hit so far (none of which is insurmountable):
    - New kernel to support the "memory" cgroup option
    - New libvirt/VMM to support LXC "nicely"
    - Templating new hosts is fiddly
    - Documentation is inconsistent and patchy at best

I know I could probably help with at least one of these, so I'm not
complaining. However, I don't (yet) have a bleeding-edge installation
with which to try out the new components.

Cheers,
Chris