Re: multiarch - please do not force users to change a running system!

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 01:15:18 +0200
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Andrei,

>Could you please tell me what makes it a multiarch package?

The skype web site download page labels it as multiarch, that's all I
know.

{snipped}
>As far as I can tell this is a plain i386 packages. Besides (haven't
>read the multiarch specification), I don't think applications need any
>conversion. One just needs to activate the proper architecture(s) and

Previous .amd64 versions depended on ia32 libs packages, so that seems
to be the main (only?) difference.

--
 Regards  _
A friend of a friend he got beaten