Re: [OT] Good quality hair dryer needed for Squeeze

On Monday 10 December 2012 22:28:22 Mark Panen wrote:
> Every time I shut down my machine due to a thunderstorm and try to power up
> again after a couple of hours the machine is dead and only he LED on the
> MOBO is on.

What happens if you shut it down completely; i.e. turn it right off so that
even the LED on the MOBO is off?  Thus fully isolating it from the electrical
circuit.

Surely, if the LED on the MOBO is on, electric power is till to some extent
flowing, and the computer is still connected, live, to the electricity
supply.  It is therefore not completely immune to lightening strikes.  So, if
you are going to take these precautions, surely it is worth doing it
properly, turning the computer fully off and then unplugging it?

FWIW, I just plough on through thunderstorms.  And yes, I may live to regret
it.

Lisi