Laptop fan not working at full speed on Debian 6.0

Hello! I just installed debian 6.0 squeeze on my laptop. Fan seems to work at the same speed for over 12 hours.
I never had this problem while running Ubuntu or Trisquel. Fan would work for some time, then when it got really hot it would run at full speed then back to low.

I didn't found anything useful on Google regarding how to fix this issue. Is there a fix for this problem or I would have to go back to a debian based distro?

*Apologies for my English, not my mother tongue.

Thanks in advance.