Re: uvesafb Debian Squeeze with custom built kernel 3.6.6

Thomas Fazekas wrote:
I have debian squeze on which I'm trying to get uvesafb running with
custom built kernel 3.6.6 (hardware is an HP Elitebook 8540w)

I've compiled the uvesa (uvesafb.ko) and the Connector - unified
userspace (cn.ko) as a module which are loaded via initramfs. As far
as I can see everything loads correctly yet the console would not
switch to graphic mode.

<snip>

In July of this year I tried switching to uvesafb from vesafb but I did not like the sound hiccups that occurred switching VT's and went back to VGA=.
I followed: http://blog.samat.org/comment/17522

Hugo