Re: multiarch - please do not force users to change a running system!

On Sun, Dec 09, 2012 at 03:18:32PM +1100, CaT wrote:
> Felt that was a bit too many packages (182 new i386 packages) to be installed so:
>
> apt-get purge ia32-libs ia32-libs-gtk
>
> For you this will get rid of more packages than you may want. Make a note.
> For me skype is not installed as a deb so that's safe.
>
> ldd `which skype`
>
> Gives me a list of libs it uses, including missing, which led to:
>
> apt-get install libqtgui4:i386 libc6-i686:i386
> apt-get install libqt4-xml:i386
> apt-get install libqt4-dbus:i386 libqt4-network:i386
> apt-get install libxv1:i386
> apt-get install libxss1:i386
>
> This gives me 39 i386 packages. A -lot- less.

Then I spotted libc6-i386 so...

apt-get purge libc6-i386

Which removed 32bit asound and so you

apt-get install libasound2:i386

And sorted.

System should be clean of 32bit kludges and properly multi-arch now.

--
  "A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
  stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."