Re: Debian Squeeze; Does this look like a Driver Issue?

	There are two communications programs I have tried: One
is specifically designed to run on unix systems and talks
specifically to a range of radios of the Wouxun brand. It is
possible that the one I am using is not one of the models this
software is written for. The link for the software is

http://owx.chmurka.net/

it's documentation says 9600,n,8,1 which is pretty normal.

The other thing I have tried is c-kermit, setting the tty to
9600,n,8,1. There is not so much as one complaint about the port
but nothing happens if I send the string the documentation says
you should send toget the radio's attention:

HiWOUXUN

followed by a Control-B or 02. The radio is supposed to return a
control-F. You send another 02 and then it sends a ID string
back to you

	Nothing happens but since I posted last, I know there
are data being sent out the serial port. I tried 38400 baud and
when typing certain characters, the radio briefly activated its
transmitter. This tells me it is receiving garbage, most likely,
but nonetheless, something is being sent on that serial line. I
may have answered my own question.

	Anyway, I appreciate the help.

Martin McCormick