Re: Locale issue

On Vi, 07 dec 12, 01:17:20, ML mail wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since now already a few weeks I noticed that my locale settings on
> various Debian 6.0 servers got by some mysterious way broken... For
> example any tool/command using PERL will issue the following warning:
>
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>     LANGUAGE = (unset),
>     LC_ALL = (unset),
>     LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
>     LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
>

> I suspect maybe some package upgrade generate this issue and I was
> expecting it to get fixed with a new package upgrade but now time
> passes and the problems is still there.

Unlikely. Package upgrades might trigger something like this on unstable
or even testing, but not on pure stable. Or do you have packages from
other sources/releases?

> Does anyone have an explanation on how this could happen? and how to
>fix it?

You could have a look in apt-get/aptitude/dpkg logs, check for removals.
You should also fsck all relevant partitions.

Kind regards,
Andrei