Re: Informazioni Log Analyzer Postfix

Le 06/12/2012 00:54, Hans van Kranenburg a écrit :
On 12/04/2012 02:42 PM, Gilles Mocellin wrote:
Le 04/12/2012 13:45, Jason Fergus a écrit :
On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 11:35 +0100, Gilles Mocellin wrote:
Le 27/11/2012 11:53, Zattara Stefano a écrit :

This is really a must have tool.

I've had the same idea for some time, and I even started to write a
small proof of concept to see how easy or difficult it would be to parse
complete /var/log/mail.log contents (or realtime streaming from syslog)
and combine all lines into information objects representing what
happened to a single email traversing different mail servers, spam
filter etc...

The ultimate goal should be to be able to have some sort of log database
for troubleshooting purposes containing the analyzed mail log files of
the last X days/weeks on which a query could be done for a message id, a
from or to address, some date/time or a remote server name, to be able
to quickly lookup how often delivery of X to Y fails etc... and as a
result get all log lines about the queried whatever.

So after reading this thread, I just uploaded what I already had to:
https://github.com/knorrie/maillogpoc

Disclaimer: it's only some ideas and step 1 of a proof of concept, but
it already shows me that it's not an easy job.

Hans

There's certainly a reason if such a tool does not already exist !
It is a difficult task.