Re: exchange like alternative

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:20 AM, s0lid  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im not sure if this was discussed before but is there an application that is
> like microsoft exchange(Mail, Calendar, and contacts). The whole suite not
> just the mail server.

There are several integrated suites - Zimbra (mentioned by some else),
Zarafa, Citadel.   They all integrate SMTP, POP3/IMAP and calendaring
functionality.

Egroupware has more features but needs separate SMTP / POP3 and IMAP
server for email messaging.   I am evaluating egroupware for my own
setup and most likely put it into production from Jan/2013.

Assuming it is going to be for several users, you may want to
integrate such suites with LDAP directory service.

HTH
-- Arun Khan