Re: FN Key to Enable/Disable Touchpad

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 3:25 AM, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
> Coming in late to this thread--I don't remember seeing it. BUT:
> See if you can get a program called synaptiks--notice the "k"--
> which will automatically turn off the touchpad when a mouse
> is plugged in, and turn it back on when there is no mouse.
> I use it on a Dell laptop with PCLinuxOs and it's great! I use it
> in the KDE system--don't know if it works with other GUIs.
>
> --doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your help. I installed synaptiks, and I configured it as
you said. Unfortunately it seems not to care about bluetooth mice.

But it was good anyway, because now I have a checkbox on my systray to
turn on/off touchpad, besides opening a terminal and typing the
command.

Morel, I'll still figure out how to link a command (script) to FN+F3
key, to automate this.

Regards,
Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"My psychiatrist told me I was crazy. I told him I wanted a second
opinion. He told me that I was also ugly."