Re: [OT] End of the world

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 8:19 AM, François TOURDE <fra-du@tourde.org> wrote:
> Le 15678ième jour après Epoch,
> Chris Harries écrivait:
>
>> It's funny how "...the Myans seamed to be able to predict the world
>> ending, but couldn't see the end of their own demise"
>
> How could you affirm that? Maybe they have predicted their own end.
>
> And don't forget they have "created" tomatoes, and no mayan has survived
> ... :)

A current more accepted theory is that the Mayans declined in the 11th
century due to a prolonged drought, caused by the undiscriminated
clearing of forests converted into farms. Declined, but did not
extinct. The old rulers from the dynasties of Chichen and Uxmal fell.
Mayapan ruled until a revolt in 15th century, which transformed the
central government in independent city-states. From that to 17th
century, almost 200 years of battles, finally the Spanish subdued
them. Unfortunately the taco guys had the great idea of burning their
books, but for 3 called Codex books, now exposed in Madrid's Museo de
América.

Funny (tragic?) thing is: we still don't learn. Global warming is just
a big version of Mayans collapse.
Another joke: thanks to the taco guys, now you can't find anyone
speaking English in Miami.

Jajaja!

Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"My psychiatrist told me I was crazy. I told him I wanted a second
opinion. He told me that I was also ugly."