Re: KDE4 - way to add to "k" menu for *all* users?

Brad Rogers grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 06:15:01 -0800
> David Guntner <davidg@akaMail.net> wrote:
>
> Hello David,
>
>> Yea, I wasn't completely clear about that.  It was under KDE3 where I
>> had been able to do that, back on my old Mandriva setup.  It would
>
> I missed that part, then.

Naw, you didn't miss it.  I just hadn't mentioned it - thus my "I wasn't
completely clear about that." :-)

>> really suck if they've taken that functionality out.  I can't believe
>> that, though - when I install a package via aptitude or apt-get (or even
>
> I can;  There's a few things that were available under KDE3, and are no
> longer doable in v4, more's the pity.   :-(

I hear what you're saying.  I'm just wondering about it due to the fact
that when I install a package via one of the regular methods
(dpkg/apt/aptitude), it does update the K menu for everybody and that
new items shows up.  So a method *has* to be there; otherwise, how is
the package manager doing it?

             --Dave