Re: Dual boot with OS X and Wheezy.

On Sat, Dec 01, 2012 at 12:49:20PM -0500, Ed Jabbour wrote:
> Trying to dual boot OSX and Wheezy on a late 2008 Macbook running
> Mountain Lion.  Following steps found on the web, I first created an

Quite unclear here.... what exactly are you doing ... normal bootcamp or
EFI ...

> empty partition using OSX's Disk Utility - 80 GB for OSX and 80GB free
> for Wheezy.  However, when I reached the partitioning step in the
> Wheezy install, it id'd the free space as 113GB, which is the
> remaining space on the entire disk.  In other words, it seems that
> Wheezy is not recognizing the OSX partitioning structure.  I'm afraid
> that if I simply partition that 113GB space, I will have messed up the
> partition structure for OSX.

This is odd.  You need to print exact data shown by partition utility.
Oh, did you use parted? or something else...

http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Apple
http://wiki.debian.org/MacBookPro
http://wiki.debian.org/MacBook