Re: (SOLVED) Re: Memory errors on new memory in new system

On 12/3/2012 1:23 AM, Marc Shapiro wrote:

> Yes,  I had intended to get 1600 MHz memory as a replacement, but I
> accidentally got the 1333.  If I add additional memory I realize that I
> will have to used 1333 for that, as well, unless I replace all of it.

Unless you have an integrated GPU that shares system RAM, and play 3D
shooters at high res, you shouldn't notice a difference between 1333 and
1600.  You're looking at 21.2 vs 25.6 GB/s with a dual channel setup, or
about 17% difference.  Other than 3D games, the applications required to
bring this bandwidth difference to the surface are probably applications
you'll never run.  My use of the word "application" here excludes
benchmark programs, such as STREAM or linpack, obviously.

--
Stan