Re: Dying hard drive?

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 01:38:33PM -0600, Nelson Green wrote:
> with XScreenSaver. Under the old system I could hit Ctrl+Del+Alt and that
> would invoke the screensaver and lock the screen. That functionality is
> missing now.

Ctrl+Alt+Del is supposed to be the "three finger salute"! :)

> get the same functionality with two mouse clicks, but it will take a few
> days to break the old habit if that is my only option. Would anyone happen
> to know what I need to do to get the Ctrl+Del+Alt functionality back?

Have a look at the /etc/inittab file.

I have:
# less /etc/inittab
[...]
# What to do when CTRL-ALT-DEL is pressed.
ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now

Copy 'n' paste line fom old /etc/inittab

P.S. It is a good idea to keep your configuration files backed up, this
includes all files under /etc/

oppressing." --- Malcolm X