KDE Taskbar Rearranges Itself on Boot

I am running Squeeze 6.0.6/KDE in a VM on my Laptop as a tested before upgrading my production computer.

When I first install the KDE Desktop the Taskbar retains the arrangement that I make of the different icons.  Unfortunately, as I use the Laptop for consulting that involves MS Win apps I have to open and close the Linux VM.  Without warning the Taskbar rearranges the icons, even though the taskbar is locked.

I would appreciate being pointed toward a solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance.