Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Intel/AMD x86 CPU microcode update system in non-free

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 06:12:53PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
I would like to bring to your attention the improved support for system
processor (CPU) microcode updates, for x86/i686/x86-64/amd64 systems
that was recently added to [non-free] Wheezy.

Alas, this will not work for XEN users because I can’t update the microcode in Dom0 with xen-hypervisor 4.1. There exist kernel patches (over a year old), but according to the xen-devel ML they are not good enough to be included in the kernel.

With XEN 4.2 the hypervisor can load the CPU microcode. Would this be a reason to include XEN 4.2 in Wheezy?

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |