upower history

Hi!

On battery-powered devices such as laptops, upowerd stores power charge and usage statistics in /var/lib/upower/.

On my old machine, (Ubuntu 10.10, upower 0.9.5), those logs went all the way back to the time of OS installation, and that was good.

On my new machine, however, (Xubuntu 12.04, upower 0.9.15) all log entries older than one week are deleted.

I've traced this behaviour to up-history.c, UpHistoryPrivate::max_data_age.

I'd like an option to keep power log entries forever.

I considered filing a bug directly with the maintainers [1], but was discouraged by the extensive report process. Perhaps someone here can help. :)

Thanks,
Meneth

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=upower