Re: internet connection is disconnected very often

But have the same problem with the wireless connection. And there is no problem with windows.

--- On Sun, 9/30/12, Atıf CEYLAN <mehmet@atifceylan.com> wrote:

From: Atıf CEYLAN <mehmet@atifceylan.com>
Subject: Re: internet connection is disconnected very often
To: "Serkan KURT" <ssserkkk@yahoo.com>
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Date: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 10:25 PM

Hi,
Sometimes I encounter with the same problem. I think your problem reason is your modem. If you use a network device with broadcom chipset, your problem reason is that. I have 3 modems   (cisco linksys, airties and current docsis3.0 cable modem and all of them include broadcom chipset network devices) and 3 computers (two debians one winXP).  Sometimes I can connect to modem from Debians  but can not be data transfer between my computer and the modem. I get some dhcp error in syslog. I think there is a problem only between linux+broadcom client and with broadcom chipset modems.