Re: Nvidia upgrade 304.48.1 in sid

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 20:30:01 +0200
Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.net> wrote:

> A clean-up of an old driver? I would advise to uninstall everything,
> exit X session and install back from a console.
>
> Pascal.

Thanks for this suggestion, I did this, as you suggested, removed and purged
everything nVidia then reinstalled.  I did get two messages one about the
incompatibility of nvidia with the nouveau module that can't be removed but all
will be well with a reboot.  The other message was about nvidia not being enabled
in the xorg.conf file. This is not news I'll tell you.

That damn xorg.conf file again. What is it with that file?

I made an X11/xorg.conf file before, wrote in "nvidia" for the driver and this was
sufficient until this last upgrade.

Error message after the X-server failed: no module found so it's something else,
since the "vesa" driver works when added instead of "nvidia" to /etc/X11/xorg.conf

I'll continue to screw my nut in the mean time.

--
CK