Re: Unable to run skype on amd64

The skype official amd64 package are only a i386 version with some
dependencies like ia32-libs and so on.

If you have enabled multiarch on your machine, you can install the i386
version package and use aptitude/apt-get to install all its dependencies
on the i386 architecture:

apt-get install libXXXXXX:i386

What dependencies do you need? I don't remember, but when you install
skype:i386 you will be prompted with the unsatisfied dependencies.

If you didn't enable multiarch, sorry, I can't help you :-(

Best regards.