Sound very *very* quiet on Debian.

Hello everyone!

I have a conundrum for you.

Today I had rebooted into Windows to take care of something and when I booted right back into debian, my sound became very very very quiet. To confirm my hardware wasn't on the fritz, I rebooted back into Windows to be greeted with normal volume. Back in Linux I double checked and found, indeed, all my relevant channels (Master, PCM, and Front.) were maxed out.

Later in alsamixer I unmuted and maxed out every channel I could find, input and output. No dice.

Any ideas on why ALSA is suddenly outputting my sound so very quietly despite my volume levels being all the way up?

Thanks.