Re: set-selections warnings

On 09/23/2012 12:32 PM, Wayne Topa wrote:

On 09/23/2012 12:03 PM, The Wanderer wrote:

On 09/23/2012 11:56 AM, Wayne Topa wrote:

This is what I got at 11:55 EST

I get the same thing, but I don't see how any of that bears on the problem
I described.

I forgot to mention that I can not use --set-selections from one testing system to another either. That's why I checked the bug reports.

You don't even need multiple systems to test; just try

    echo 'somepackage install' | dpkg --set-selections

where "somepackage" is one not already listed in 'dpkg --get-selections', and
you'll get the same behavior. It's just that the migrating-between-systems
example in the man page is my only evidence that this is even *supposed* to
work.

Sorry to I have no further help for you, or me.

Confirmation that it does seem to be easily reproducible even outside of my
systems is something, at least.

If no one points out anything we're missing, I really do think this is probably
a bug in dpkg, which has somehow gone unnoticed for some while.

--
      The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger