Re: Installation

The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> writes:

> On 09/19/2012 09:34 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> I really doubt it. And I doubt it because some things do not change over the
>> time which means you still have to know how to partition a hard drive, how to
>> boot from CD or what a driver is ;-)
>
> You still have to know how to boot from CD, yes, but on some systems the boot
> sequence is pre-configured to try that automatically - and even on ones that
> aren't, I don't know of any where it's more complicated than "press the
> right key during POST".

There are people for whom this is difficult.  First they need to learn
about the possibility, then they need to figure out which key to press
when, then they are overwhelmed with a multitude of choices the BIOS
presents them with, and finally they have to figure out how to change
the boot order.  Figuring that out has become more difficult over the
years.

They even have begun to use different keys to get into the BIOS quite
some time ago.  That's just retarded, stupid and braindead.  Why don't
they make computers easier to use by always using the same key for it on
all computers?

And things did change over time.  I didn't need to know what a driver is
and not even what booting means when I had my first computer.

--
Debian testing amd64