Re: Installation

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:05:32 -0400, The Wanderer wrote:

> On 09/19/2012 11:58 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>>> I'm not sure how you define "from scratch".
>>
>> Then we have a problem here, Houston.
>>
>> A Windows installation "from scratch" is when you go to the shop and
>> pay $250 USD for a copy of Windows 7, return to your home, proceed with
>> the installation and... oh, surprise! Is that a BSOD? >>;-)
>
> Leaving the rest for later, but:
>
> In that case, would an official downloaded-straight-from-Microsoft
> install ISO be enough for "from scratch" for your purposes?

(...)

No, and let me explain it.

In order to "mimic" a real newbie situation (because no untechie user
even knows what an ISO image is) you can't simply obviate the fact that
Windows "bare" installations are performed by means of ready-made DVDs
and this is what the user gets when he/she buys a Windows 7 box from a
retailer shop.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón