Re: Installation

On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 22:55:50 +0200, lee wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

(...)

>>> This discussion was about users trying to use the D/i to install
>>> Debian.
>>
>> Nope. The core discusion was around "untechie" users and "Linux" in
>> general.
>
> see Message-ID:
> <[🔎] 928c0bda5efc0f17394b8f5f1d606ad3.squirrel@fruiteater.riseup.net>

Exactly.

It starts with "(...) The most 'untechie' person on the planet can use
any Linux distribution once it is installed..."

>>> You may say that users don't install operating systems. Some do, some
>>> don't, so what?
>>
>> Untechie users do not install an operating system, they only use it.
>>
>> Maybe you are referring to those "untechie" users that have a positive
>> "attitude" and go an step forward by reading documents and dedicating
>> their time to understand how a computer works.
>>
>> That's my point: a modern operating system is not easy or hard for
>> users, all can be done and is just up to them.
>
> I'm referring to "users", which are "people" in the first place.

But there are many grades of users, from advanced to non-skilled.
Untechies are the target for this whole thread.

> Some install OSs, some don't. You seem to assume that people who don't
> really know what they are doing do not install OSs.

No, only those untechies that show the attitude to install an OS and
these are the exceptions not the norm.

> Who really knows what they are doing when they do that?

People who read does know, that's what docs are for :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón