Problematic install - cannot find mirror

I won't list the entire saga of a problematic install, because it might not be
relevant and I might bury the wood under trees.

I am doing a net install.  I cannot find a usable mirror.  I have tried at
least 4 in the UK and 2 in Holland.  So I can progress no further.  Even if I
were to download CD1 and install from it, the first thing I would want to do
would be to update and upgrade.  Impossible without a mirror.

I am getting a long list of error messages in pairs.  I have copied one pair,
but am not sure in which order they should go, so I may have copied the
second of one pair and the first of the next.

<quote>
Sept 15 21:15:36 choose-mirror[314171]: DEBUG: command: wget -q
http://debian.mirror.cambrium.nl/debian/dists/squeeze/ Release -0 - |
grep -E '^(suite|codename):'
Sept 15 21:16:16 choose-mirror[31471] WARNING **: mirror does not support the
specified release (squeeze)
</quote>

Some of the spaces might be in the wrong places, because I copied the message
down long-hand and then typed it in.

This repeats over all my attempts, with just the details of the mirror
changing.

Any suggestions as to what I can do about this, from RTFM to LMGTFY, welcomed,
other than throw the *$)%%& thing through the window.  I *need* this
computer.   And I need it yesterday.

Thanks,
Lisi