RE: [OT] Re: workforce 645 printer can't find other network assets (SOLVED SORT OF)

Hi Gary,

Not really Debian related anymore but here is a quick answer.

> I gave up. I took the Epson back an traded it in for an HP Office Jet Pro 8600.
> I've had minimal trouble installing the thing on both Linux and XP systems. Everything works.
> I still can't get the Win2K system to work. Does anyone know where you can get print drivers for this.
> I have the HP 8600  and my XP laptop connected wireless to the  router.
> All other systems are etherneted. The Win2K system can't seem to find the printer.

Find the ip-number for the printer, add a LOCAL printer manually in Win2k and create a new port, a standard tcp/ip-port. Enter the ip-number.

Now the fun part starts, finding a printer driver as the Win2k driver model is different from WinXP. WinXP could still use older Win2k driver but that is no help to you now.
Look for a black and white printer using just PCL and print a test page. Try that first and if it works go for a color printer using PCL.
According to the HP site you printer speaks HP PCL 3 GUI and HP PCL 3 Enhanced

Bonno Bloksma