Re: Installation

On Thu, September 13, 2012 12:29 am, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Mi, 12 sep 12, 17:53:41, Weaver wrote:
>>
>> I would be an advocate of at least a separate /home partition in the
>> 'Newbie Install'.
>
> How big? IMVHO a separate /home partition[1] makes sense now[2] only if
> one can make reasonable guesses about future use. I got it wrong several
> times and so have many others.

That depends on the size of the drive.

I make a / partition, a swap that is twice the size of RAM - on this box,
4 GB, and the rest is just assigned to home.

That way the drive size is the only limiting factor.

If you find, in time, that you are running out of drive space, instaal a
bigger drive, install the / and swap and again, allocate the rest as /home
and copy it over.

By that time, this would be a good project for the not-so-newbie.
Regards,

Weaver
--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine