Re: [OT] Re: workforce 645 printer can't find other network assets

On 09/11/2012 03:38 PM, Gary Roach wrote:

1. I checked the router. The instructions say that the router is setup to allow wireless printing. In addition, my XP wireless works fine for print and scan. It also shows up on the scan control console.

2. I ran the network connection test from the scan console. I shows everything OK.

3. I will run the ethernet test asap. I am having severe back pain at present and really don't want to crawl around under the computer table. I'll see if I can't patch it from the top. I'lll be back with this.

4. All printing from all computers ( Win2k accepted) works fine. I haven’t checked the fax functions yet. The ink level indicator never seems to work but not worth fooling with.

Gary R.

A router routes Ethernet--it doesn't care if it's Internet, or printer, or scanner, or anything else--all it knows are ones and zeros in the Ethernet format.

--doug