Re: boot freeze when wifi is not in the same state than before hibernation

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 17:32:50 +0200, Morel Bérenger wrote:

> Le Lun 10 septembre 2012 17:28, Camaleón a écrit :

(...)

>>> I do not think it is possible to access a computer which is in
>>> hibernation state? I use pm-hibernate, not pm-suspend, so the computer
>> is really shutdown.
>>
>> But you already exited form hibernation, right? That's what triggers
>> the problem (freeze) with the wireless adapter. On the other hand, this
>> way you can test if the whole system is frozen (kernel soft lock) or is
>> just the X server that fails to restore.
>>
>>> More interesting is the fact that when I connect to that computer, I
>>> more often use the wi-fi itself ;) I do not have enough ethernet
>>> cables at home so...
>>
>> It's just for testing purposes, nothing you will have to do on every
>> day basis :-)
>>
>>> For the module thing, the only information I have found in the man is
>>> the name of the variable (which you gave me anyway), nothing about
>>> file syntax (and, of course, no sample is present) so I think I'll dig
>>> when I'll be at home. I'll need some time to have my brain upgrade
>>> correctly
>>>  :) Sometimes I do not like man pages...
>>>

>> There's not much magic behind it: you have a variable that you need to
>> fill with the name of the kernel module you want to be "unloaded"
>> before suspending the system, no more and no less.
>>
> The problem does not come from X I think, because nothing works.

You can't tell unless you try to login from a different system (or using
a serial cable but this will be even hard to get :-P).

> And I do not have any use for fooDM (gdm, kdm, xdm, damndm... are of no
> use, a script is far better in my opinion)

At a first glance I think the usage (or not) of a login manager is not
relevant for this test.

> But I'll try that to know a little more from where come the freeze, it
> is a nice idea.
>
> About the var, I'll try that.

Okay, tell us how it went.

Greetings,