problems installing linux on new laptop

I have a new laptop HP Pavilion dv4 5162la.  I have tried all night to
install linux opn it, various distributions, but all have problems, of
different sort.
Now I am trying lubuntu (12.10 beta, but tried 12.04, exactly same
symptoms)  When starting the install, the screen gets black, there 9is
a lot of noise from the op0tical drive, and then the process dies! Any
ideas?

I tried aldo an live cd for debian testing, (3 september variant), but
that stopped with a different problem, one of the installer programs
returned with an error, so there is an error in a program on the cd.
Linux mint debian edition, after some time the installer program
freezes,
(happened repeatedly, at various points in the process. Got tired)  Any ideas?

Kjetil

--
"If you want a picture of the future - imagine a boot stamping on the
human face - forever."

George Orwell (1984)