Re: new version of "less" pager

Thanks to all for good clues.
v451 of "less" is desirable because it adds support for GNU regular expressions.
Since the "to do" section of http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/less.html says:

"A new upstream version is available: 451, you should consider packaging it."

It looks like it will eventually move through "unstable",  and next
iteration of "testing".  I'll keep an eye open for it.  I'll try the
back-ports route if my need becomes pressing.

Incidentally, Debian packages tracking is very pleasant; I find
"experimental", "unstable", "testing",  "stable" process quite
sensible, effective.

Cheers!