Re: [ask] google translate client or similar method

On Tue 04 Sep 2012 at 14:47:41 +0700, Morning Star wrote:

> you're right about sdcv, but still i can't translate a paragraph. only
> a word. :(
> do you know what the dictionaries that suit with that?

StarDict is dictionary software, It translates words only. Full-text
translation (what you refer to as paragraph translation) is done using
the translation engines available on some web sites. They do machine
translatiom (MT).

StartDict claims to access these translation engines but, considering it
has not undergone any development for 4+ years and the world has moved
on, I'd be sceptical. You are the only person in this thread to have
tested the program. It fails for what you want.

If I wanted to do what you want to do I'd be looking at Perl or Python
scripts which interfaced with Google or Bing. There's your command line
criterion fulfilled. Here's a nudge for you:

   http://wangpidong.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/how-to-use-new-bing-translator-api-with.html

Not Perl but curl. It's something I might try myself but if you get it
to work, please let us know.