Re: Printers using free software only

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 04:51:11PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> I just wanted to point a scenario where the jump to a PDF filter as the
> default backend can have its troubles and not be nor as good nor as
> simple nor as easy as the white papers say. Companies have always showed
> different needs than users and these "jumps" are seen differently when
> you have to hold them as user or as admin.

The understanding I got from reading Roger's post was that if you are
using CUPS, *THEN* you are automatically using "a PDF filter paradigm"
because it **is considered superior/"more robust"**.

That was my reading of it. Please, someone correct me if my reading of
Roger's post is incorrect.

The discussion of whether it **actually is** superior/"more robust" is
irrelevant, and better discussed with the CUPS developers. :-)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X