Re: what graphics card to choose

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:55:16 -0400, Gary Dale wrote:

> On 30/07/12 07:02 AM, Yaro Kasear wrote:

(...)

>> KMS is a wonderful feature, but I personally would rather see good
>> OpenGL support than KMS, though. Nouveau's getting there, but it's
>> support for OpenGL (Through Gallium.) isn't really mature enough yet. I
>> also get some odd mouse-stuttering when I use Nouveau.
>>
>> Until this is "fixed," I elect to use nVidia's official drivers, which
>> I personally haven't had any issues with to date.
>>
> And I elect to use ATI cards, because, unlike NVidia, ATI actually helps
> the open source driver development.

"Help" is always welcome but more than help I prefer a driver that works
and supports all its hardware features in the same way or at least as
close as it does for Windows, and not just in papers and benchmarks but
in real life. Otherwise, the "help" is of little "help" and good
intentions are only wastepaper.

Yes, this post comes with a bit of rant so don't take it very
seriously :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón