Re: black screen but have audio playing

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:57:16 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> on squeeze amd64, when i played video with totem & mplayer
> - no video/screen is black
> - only audio
>
> video black, only sound

(...)

Have you checked if it happens with all kind of video files? From ogg to
mpeg, comercial DVD's, avi...  also, have you checked with VideoLAN? It
uses its own codecs instead the system's one, so it can be a good test to
discard a problem coming from the codecs.

> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory [vdpau] Error when calling
> vdp_device_create_x11: 1
(...)
> Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
> Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)

What ffmpeg package do you have installed? Debian's stock or the one from
D-M?

> there's a nvidia related message but there's no nvidia vga on my laptop

(...)

Mmm... Sandy Bridge uses to have dual VGA chipsets but anyway, vdpau is
not nvidia specific. Do you have "libvdpau1" installed? BTW, Google says
that "libvdpau_nvidia.so" warning can be harmless.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón