Re: Purge Empathy messes up apt

Unfortunately this does not appear to have solved it after all- after
running both apt-get install on the packages empathy wanted to remove
(gnome, gnome-core, gnome-desktop-environment, task-gnome-desktop) and
apt-mark manual, attempting to purge empathy tries to remove these
same packages again.
I marked Empathy itself as manually installed; that didn't work either.
Thanks,

Regards,
Cortman