Re: linux cash register software, i.e, a simple point of sale?

Nick Lidakis wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
You might ask on debian-embedded@lists.debian.org ?

The POS terminals are standard x86. Any other reason to ask
that list?

I was thinking that "embedded" can be more tied to "thought pattern" than "power of hardware". My post was triggered by something I had seen when browsing the group's archives for something else. Someone was asking about using 64 bit dual core processor with 1G RAM and 80G hardrive in an "embedded system". (http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2012/06/msg00017.html).

HTH