Re: Debian 5 - was Re: Query abouut root account

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:18:34
From: Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Debian 5 - was Re: Query abouut root account

On Ma, 24 iul 12, 01:20:26, Bret Busby wrote:

It seems strange (to me), that notification of an update release is
broadcast, and then all repositories of that version, are
disappeared at the same time as that release.

Quoting from the announcement:

,----
| Please note that the oldstable distribution will be moved from the
| main archive to the archive.debian.org repository after March 24th 2012.
| After this move, it will no longer be available from the main mirror
| network. More information about the distribution archive and a list of
| mirrors is available at:
|
|     <http://www.debian.org/distrib/archive>
`----

Hope this explains,
Andrei
--

Ah, yes; in searching through past messages, I found that text in the announcement of the release of Debian 5.0.10. I am not sure, but, at that time (the message was posted on 11 March, I believe), I think I was running Debian 6, and so did not read that message, other than the subject line as listed in the alpine folder listing, and, as the announcement of the transfer to the Debian archive repository, was not in (or, not found in) either a Debian News message, or, a standalone message, I had missed it.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."