Re: the rest of the postgresql mystery

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 06:25:45 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:

Jude, if you open a new thread just for adding new info on the same
problematic, your posts will remain unconnected (out of context) and thus
very hard to follow...

> Files from previous versions of postgresql are on the system and I found
> it impossible to remove those packages with aptitude after several
> attempts.

You mean "purging" was not possible? What command you typed and what
error you got? Without logs is hard to tell what the problem can be.

> For that reason I will be reinstalling debian and not reinstalling
> postgresql later.

Are you reinstalling the full system because of a package (PostgreSQL)?
Wow, that sounds too radical. If something is failing in that way,
consider filing a bug report.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón