Re: bug report?: "Oh no! Something has gone wrong."

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:13:00 +0100, Ludovic Tolhurst-Cleaver wrote:

> I'm trying to decide if and how to report a possible bug in Debian.
>
> I'm running Wheezy (actually it calls itself wheezy/sid when I switch to
> tty1 etc.) on a 64-bit Toshiba Satellite Pro A300D laptop with an Intel
> Core2Duo chip.
>
> Debian had started X and was just about to get to the login dialog box
> when I happened to plug in the laptop's power. This immediately resulted
> in a graphical error screen showing a 'sad-faced PC' image and the
> following message:
> ---
> Oh no! Something has gone wrong.
> A problem has occurred and the system can't recover. Please contact a
> system administrator.
> ---
>
> After a reboot, the system was fine again.
>
> I'm not sure how to report this as a bug. Can anyone advise me?

Mmm... I would collect more data for a bug report, for instance, can you
consistently reproduce the crash? Have you found a pattern (i.e., is the
system always crashing when you plug the power cord)? Have you looked at
the logs?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón